Returning to the Office After Lockdown
The ever-changing lockdown situation is now at the stage where some businesses are considering reopening their offices to allow employees to return to ‘normal’ work. Whether it’s a large company or a small one, whether you’re keen to get back into the office or reluctant to do so, it is absolutely crucial that all necessary precautions are taken. Arc Business Interiors have created this handy checklist to help you make sure you’re doing everything you need to do when returning to the office.
One overarching rule here is that you must stay at home if you or anyone in your family is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
Travelling to and from work
- If using public transport, wear a mask
- If possible, walk or cycle to and from work
- Pay for the bus/tube/train with contactless payment or pre-pay online if you can
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after each journey
- Clean your workstation thoroughly and regularly
- Do not share mugs, cups, glasses or cutlery with colleagues
- Only make drinks for yourself – avoid tea rounds, etc.
- Keep your distance from colleagues – follow the ‘one metre plus’ rule
- Keep a bottle of hand sanitiser on your desk
- Don’t use your desk fan – it can spread airborne bacteria
- At the end of the day, wipe your workstation down with antibacterial wipes
- Bring lunch from home if possible – this minimises the need to enter any potentially busy shops
Some of these tips are harder to implement than others, but the more steps you take to protect yourself and others, the better your working experience will be. We are entering the ‘new normal’, and it remains to be seen how long it will be before we return to what life was like at the start of 2020. But whilst the world looks for a semblance of normalcy, it’s crucial that we do all we can as individuals to help the greater good.
Arc Business Interiors are experts in office fit-outs and redesigns, and we’re applying our expertise to COVID-19-focused redesigns. From desk screens and partitions to hand sanitiser stations, we can supply and install a range of features to increase hygiene levels in your office, as well as tweaking office layouts to help facilitate social distancing. For more information, please contact us today and we’ll be happy to help.Download & Print Checklist!