Businesses Reopening – Checklist
Businesses that are planning to reopen after months of lockdown will no doubt be working hard to ensure the safety and comfort of their returning staff. There are plenty of things that can be done to maximise hygiene and minimise the chance of spreading COVID-19, but there’s huge potential for catastrophic consequences if the correct steps aren’t taken. That’s why Arc Business Interiors have created this checklist – we want to help you make your workplace as safe as possible.
- Provide masks if possible
- Hand sanitiser should be readily available – consider installing hand sanitising stations
- Ensure staff’s contact details are fully up to date
- Remind all staff to stay at home if they are experiencing or live with someone who is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
- Where possible conduct meetings over Zoom, Skype or a similar video conferencing program
- If physical meetings cannot be avoided, limit the number of people allowed in a meeting room
- People in meeting rooms should be adequately spaced out – smaller meeting spaces should be avoided
- Make sure every single visitor fills out a contact form on arrival
- Much like shops have been doing, implement a wayfinding system in the office to prevent congestion and people passing too close to one another
- Any wayfinding system should be clearly signposted to minimise confusion
Kitchens and eating
- Drinks rounds should be avoided
- People should bring their own milk where possible
- Mugs, plates, bowls and cutlery should be brought from home too
- Absolutely no sharing of crockery and cutlery
- Smaller offices should consider a rota system if social distancing isn’t feasible. This will prevent too many people being in the office at any one time
- Make sure all workstations, surfaces, bathrooms and communal areas are cleaned thoroughly and regularly
- Ensure hand soap and sanitiser is always stocked up
- Consider installing partitions between desks – Arc Business Interiors can supply partitions in any quantity
- If budget allows, consider temperature testing systems to check staff and visitors on arrival
A business has a duty to protect its employees and visitors, and by following the advice set out in this checklist, you can increase the safety of your premises and safeguard the health of those within it. It’s important that no shortcuts are taken and no stone is left unturned – make these changes now and avoid the most serious of consequences.
Arc Business Interiors are proud to provide office redesign services to maximise safety and hygiene. From installing partitions and wayfinding signage to supplying hand sanitising stations and temperature testing systems, we can design or adapt any office to ensure it is compliant with COVID-19 guidelines, protecting you, your employees and your customers. For more information, please contact us today.Download & Print Checklist!